Nous avons remarqué que vous utilisez un navigateur non reconnu. Il se peut que les pages de Tripadvisor ne s'affichent pas correctement.Notre site est optimisé pour les navigateurs suivants : Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
5 stars is really an undersell here. This place is clearly loved and cared for. We felt fortunate to be there.
The house is really well equipped (all clad pans, great oven, lots of spices, lots of kitchen appliances etc) everything is VERY clean (clearly the owners take care of this place and not some management company) and the gardens around the house are stunning.
it might seem expensive, but it's worth every penny. we will be back.
Date de la visite juillet 2021
Rédigé le 11 juillet 2021. Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un voyageur et non de Tripadvisor LLC ou de ses partenaires. Tripadvisor ne vérifie pas les avis Vrbo.
My wife and I wanted a special experience, since this is our first vacation together since my retirement in December. We wanted a location with both beaches and redwoods. Trinidad is a great location. We were attracted by the property, with its gardens. The gardens lived up to the listing. On Sunday, with some rain, we stayed all day on the property, and took walks during the breaks in the rain. It still felt like a special vacation day. Maclyn and Jan were good to work with and shared several ideas of places for us to visit, since this was our first trip to the area.
Date de la visite juin 2021
Rédigé le 23 juin 2021. Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un voyageur et non de Tripadvisor LLC ou de ses partenaires. Tripadvisor ne vérifie pas les avis Vrbo.
so enjoyed our stay in Trinidad. The house and property were beautiful, clean and well appointed. Exactly as advertised. The owners were easy to deal with and super responsive. I accidentally had locked myself out and they had a failsafe ready to do!! Great stay for our group of adults. Thanks so much. We want to come back in winter/ spring to see azaleas in bloom!!
Date de la visite novembre 2020
Rédigé le 2 décembre 2020. Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un voyageur et non de Tripadvisor LLC ou de ses partenaires. Tripadvisor ne vérifie pas les avis Vrbo.
My husband and I stayed for 5 nights over Labor Day and the location is perfect for exploring the beautiful and amazing parks in the area: Trinidad State Beach, Patrick's Point State Park, Redwood National Park, Prairie Creek Redwoods, and Jedediah Smith Redwoods.
The pictures of the beautiful grounds are accurate and they are beautiful, peaceful, and relaxing.
Jan and Maclyn are responsive and friendly hosts.
We prepared breakfast and dinner most nights in the well equipped kitchen and ordered excellent takeout from The Larrupin Cafe which is 3-5 min away by car.
Bottled water is supplied.
Everything worked well in the house except what is noted below.
Suggestions sent to Jan & Maclyn and they are working on:
1) At this price point, the expectation as a guest is that all basic maintenance and cleaning issues for the house are addressed. Lights in the kitchen over stove were out which made cooking difficult and toilet in master bath did not work. These have now been fixed after our stay. The shower door in the guest bath was broken and the electrical work is underway in the house so bare wires and sockets are not visible and a potential hazard. Laundry from previous occupant was left and was moldy..we ended up rewashing with our own unscented detergent we purchased.
2) Switch to unscented or low scented products. Irish Spring and Tide with Febreeze are two of the strongest smelling products on the market known to trigger responses for individuals with asthma. My husband, who has asthma, had a difficult time in the house due to the strong fragrances on towels, sheets, dish towels, etc that permeated.
3) Active cameras outside and inside the house should be disclosed in advance to guests and what is being filmed so guests can take steps to ensure their physical privacy. It was disconcerting to sit in the hot tub and see the live camera. There is a live camera in in the house filming the entry way.
4) Screens on windows would be helpful since lots of mosquitos and flying bugs in evening.
5) Add some privacy options for master bedroom and master bathroom. It was a little anxiety producing to take a shower while gardener was there since shower/bath/bedroom completely open.
6) Chlorine level on hot tub seemed high which made it not enjoyable.
7) No pantry space available to store food so we ended up storing on counters and in the dining room.
Hope these tips help others!
Date de la visite septembre 2020
Rédigé le 1 octobre 2020. Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un voyageur et non de Tripadvisor LLC ou de ses partenaires. Tripadvisor ne vérifie pas les avis Vrbo.
Attractive, nicely appointed property situated in the middle of a former botanical garden. The gardens are beautiful and of so peaceful - redwoods, rhododendrons, deep blue hydrangeas, water lilies on the large pond. The property and gardens are very private and quiet and provide a beautiful environment for relaxation and communing with nature. The property is just minutes from Trinidad State Beach - excellent place for picnics, hikes, boogie boarding and surfing. If you want to get away from the frenetic life, this is an excellent destination!
The owners, Maclyn and Jan, are easy to contact and very helpful.
Date de la visite août 2020
Rédigé le 1 septembre 2020. Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un voyageur et non de Tripadvisor LLC ou de ses partenaires. Tripadvisor ne vérifie pas les avis Vrbo.
It’s hard to decide which we enjoyed more; exploring the manicured grounds ( it really is a botanical garden!) or spending time in the cozy and immaculate house but this place is very special. We’ll be back!
Date de la visite août 2020
Rédigé le 16 août 2020. Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un voyageur et non de Tripadvisor LLC ou de ses partenaires. Tripadvisor ne vérifie pas les avis Vrbo.
My wife and 2 young children had a great time in the botanical gardens. The place and grounds were spectacular. My 4 year old loved exploiting the gardens and running around on the huge lawn. We did have a 9 month old with us, which was a little bit of a challenge making sure he didn’t break anything but the stay was well worth it. Great hosts who were very responsive and communicative before and during our stay.
Date de la visite juillet 2020
Rédigé le 14 août 2020. Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un voyageur et non de Tripadvisor LLC ou de ses partenaires. Tripadvisor ne vérifie pas les avis Vrbo.