My family rented Nick's cottage for 2 weeks in june/July of 2018. Overall it was a great experience and we would rent it again. The cottage has three bedrooms which was more than enough for me, my wife and our two young kids. The two rooms on the main floor have bunkbeds, which our son was really excited about and the upstairs master bedroom has a queen bed with bath. Here is what we liked:
- Great location. The cottage is in Torrance, only about 2 hours from Toronto. There is also a bakery, grocery store and other shops in bala, about 10 minutes away
- On the water. The cottage has a really nice dock with shallow water, perfect for swimming with kids
- Modern interior. The cottage is renovated with a modern kitchen and hardwood floors.
- Very responsive owner. Nick usually responds to questions within about 5 minutes and was very helpful.
- Fully stocked. The kitchen has all utensils, cups, plates and silverware. The cottage also has towels, bedding, a bbq, wood for a fire and basically everything else you need.
The only considerations are:
- the cottage is on a relatively small lake with lots of cottages, so if you are looking for an extremely secluded place it is probably not for you
- there is no cable or AC which was fine for us but may be important to some people
- There are data restrictions so if uploading/downloading a lot just use your own hotspot.
Overall our family really enjoyed this cottage and would recommend it to others.